Introduction to Opensense Admin
- Naming Conventions and Syntax on Opensense.com
- Designer Studio - Create/Edit Signature Designs
- How to add a Plain Text Signature
- Departments - Manage Groups of Users
- Signature Assignment - Assign a Signature to a Department
- Portal Access - Elevating and Toggling Permissions
How to be administrator for Opensense signatures - whether you are making updating a logo or social URLs, editing user information, or deploying signatures to users, this document provides the general landscape.
Naming Conventions and Syntax on Opensense.com
Opensense uses a simple naming convention across the platform, whether it is naming signature design templates, banners, tags, plugins for CRM, departments, or anything else that needs to be named. Please adhere to these naming conventions:
The syntax followed when copying tag names into a signature is [[adtags:tagname]]
Designer Studio - Create/Edit Signature Designs
How to access the Designer Studio
- Click on the Signatures dropdown and choose the Designer Studio:
Creating and editing a signature template
- Click on the green “Add New Template” button to create a new signature template:
- Name your template (refer to Opensense naming convention document) and hit the “Save” button:
- To edit your signature template click on the “Edit” button:
- Add/edit your HTML text to the “HTML Template” box:
- Go to the Marketing dropdown and choose Images
- Find the image that you would like to use and click
- Go to your Signatures dropdown and choose the Designer Studio
- In the Designer Studio search for your signature template and click
- The HTML Template box will now be present. You will need to search for the URL of the image that you would like to replace
- Highlight the URL that represents the image that you would like to change. (*Note: be sure to only highlight the text in between the quotation marks).
- Paste the URL that has been copied to your clipboard (from step #2) over the highlighted URL that you would like to change in your HTML Template box.
- When the render looks good, hit
- In the HTML editor for a signature , you can find the link next to the href attribute (screenshot below)
- Highlight the link you want to replace, and type or copy and paste in the desired URL you would like recipients to visit when they click
- When completed, hit
Add fields by clicking on the “+ Add Field” button and type out your field names (you can hide these fields in your plain text signature block by ✓ the hide box). When completed, hit the Save button to save:
To preview any edits before saving, click
Cloning a signature template
- Click on the Clone button:
- Name it (refer to the Opensense naming convention document) and click Save
Creating/editing a reply template
- Click the Edit button on the signature that you would like to add a reply template to:
- Toggle the Reply Template so it shows green
- Scroll down to the “Reply HTML Template” box and add your HTML text to create your reply template. Click the purple Preview button to preview:
- When completed, hit the Save button
How to add a Plain Text Signature
The plain text template is used if an email recipient who do not allow HTML (uncommon)
- In the “Designer Studio” go to your signature template and click on the blue “Edit” button
- In the “Text Template” and “Reply Text Template” boxes, type in the fields that you would like to be present in your plain text signature template (Refer to Opensense naming convention document)
- When completed, hit the green Save button.
Departments - Manage Groups of Users
Create a Department
- After logging into Opensense, click on the “Signatures” dropdown and choose “Departments."
- Click on “Add New Department” in green.
- Next to the
Adding Users to Departments
- Add a user individually: Where you see Add a username without @domain.com text box, simply type the user’s email address without the @domain.com (tip: Tab after each username)
Adding users in bulk: simply click on the Toggle Bulk button and paste users from CSV column, etc.
Bind a Department to your Directory
If a department is bound to a directory group then any changes to the directory group, once synced, will auto reflect in Opensense
- Click on the “Signatures” dropdown and choose “Departments”:
- Click “Add New Department” and name your department. Depending on the binding, search for your existing directory group and choose it. Once found, hit the green button on the top right to save. Refer to the Opensense “Syncing” documentation in regards to syncing.
Signature Assignment - Assign a Signature to a Department
Create a Signature Route
- After logging into Opensense, click on the Signatures dropdown menu and choose Signature Assignment
- Click Add New Route and toggle to
- In the left box (for signature blocks/templates), type in the signature template you want to use. Or type * to see all of your templates and select the one you want.
- In the right box (for groups/departments), type in the group/department you want to assign the signature template to. Or type * to see all the departments and select the one you want
- Once you have chosen your signature template and group/department of users,
Activate a Signature Route
- To activate a route, click the
- Toggle switch
Once done, every department assigned to this route will receive the selected signature (If a department is assigned to multiple routes, only the highest priority route will be active. See Note further explaining priority routes)
Note: the priority # under the toggle switches on the right shows priority of each route. You can drag and drop the signature routes to re-prioritize. The system will route users who are in more than one department to the highest priority signature template. That said, it's always good practice to keep the signature route activated for "allusers", and place it at the very bottom, as this applies to all your current and new users. This ensures that if any user is not part of a specific department, they will at least receive a signature template that's assigned to "allusers", serving as a catch-all.
Portal Access - Elevating and Toggling Permissions
How to Grant Admin Access in Opensense
- Login at www.opensense.com
- Go to Admin drop down menu > Click on Users & Roles
- Click edit
- Toggle permissions on / off and hit
Types of Access in Opensense
is by default turned on for anybody using our signature / logging into Opensense. This gives access to the My Opensense menu, but it's nothing for you to work with, just a default setting.
when turned on gives access to the "Signatures" drop down and the ability to manage functionality there in the designer studio or compliance or pusher tool etc.
when turned on gives access to the "Marketing" drop down and the ability to manage marketing features like banners etc.
when turned on gives access to the "Admin" drop down wherein you can make changes in the "Users & Roles" section, which is essentially to provision other users with the above permissions to manage signatures / marketing functionality. By default, when a user logs in to Opensense, they can only see the first drop down menu, and can't do anything in the portal until an admin toggles their access on.