How to Use the Pusher for G-Suite Customers
Opensense Pusher is a deployment tool used to push end-user’s their custom plain text signature block. This document outlines the simple steps of choosing your preferred plain text signature block, uploading a CSV of employee contact information for their signatures, and sending a plain text signature via email notification and any direct integrations such as Outreach, Gmail, Outlook Web, and Salesforce.
For information/assistance contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1: Signature Template
- Log into the Opensense Portal and click on “Pusher” under the “Signatures” drop down.
- In Step 1 “Signature Template”, select the signature you wish to roll out using the drop down menu
- For a standard signature push, leave the “Banner Only” and “Push Visual” boxes unchecked
- Optional/Uncommon: You can check the “Banner Only” box for appending only a banner to existing signatures. Using this function may result in inconsistent formatting
- Optional/Uncommon: You can check the “Push Visual” box if you wish to show a graphic signature in the compose window for individual users. Using this function will remove the ability for end users to edit their information. New signature designs will not update automatically
Step 2: Enter merge data or upload CSV
- Before uploading the CSV, ensure the following formatting is in place:
- username is always column A, row 1. username is everything before the @ symbol in an individual’s email address. Ensure all of Column “A” is lower case or push will fail.
- The remaining column headers must EXACTLY match step 1’s plain text field names character for character (for example, “title” would be the column header for employee job titles column in your CSV)
- The way the data is formatted in the CSV is the way it will merge with the Signature Template. Formatting is important (i.e. tori scharadin vs Tori Scharadin)
- Click the “Choose File” button and upload a csv file with employee information
Step 3: Preview & Push
- You can see a preview of every individual’s signature before pushing them out.
- You can push out the signatures in the following ways:
Push Send Email
This option will send individuals an email with their custom plain text signature block. They can then copy and paste it into the signature settings of any email client they wish to use.
Push to Google*
This option will push the signatures out automatically to individual Gmail accounts. Users will have to open a new Gmail window or refresh to see the change. No effort need on the end user side.
Push to Salesforce*
This option will push the signatures out automatically to individual Salesforce accounts. No effort needed on the end user side.
Push to Outreach*
This option will push the signatures out automatically to individual Outreach accounts. No effort needed on the end user side.
*Pushing directly to the email apps above requires integration. Contact email@example.com