Gmail Launch Communications Strategy and Examples
Communicating the Opensense launch well can make the difference between a couple support emails and way too many if it's done poorly. To make it as easy as possible for you to take flight with beautiful email signatures, here are some email examples to get you started with your launch communications!
Your email communication should be customized to your unique use case before sending out to prevent confusion for the end user. Additionally, we have highlighted any items that need to be personalized before sending out.
Communications Strategy Overview
Change for employees is always best paired with effective internal communications, and that's why we're going to help you inform employees that their Opensense signatures are on the way with a tried and true strategy and resources.Tried and True Strategy:
- Pre-Launch Announcement: At least 1 week before the launch
- Answers the Why? question and includes a screenshot of the design to get everyone excited
- Launch Announcement: On the day of launch
- Tactical instructions for how to get the signature set up. Point of contact for internal support for those who may have additional questions or require more assistance.
Pre-Launch Formal Announcement (1-3 days ahead of launch)
In an effort to present a stronger unified brand presence for CompanyName, we will be implementing a standardized email signature for all employees. The Marketing Team will now centrally manage the style and format of email signatures with employee contact information synced from our company directory through a service called Opensense. This ensures corporate email communications have a consistent appearance going forward.
This will also allow marketing an opportunity to routinely update email signatures with relevant banners such as a banner for upcoming webinars, live demos, tradeshow events, etc.
Additionally, this makes your life easier as you will never have to worry about editing or adding anything to your CompanyName email signature again!
Here is a preview of what our signature is going to look like:
You will receive an email from our team on Monday, May 18th with additional instructions on how to get this set up for you emails going forward.
If your signature contains incorrect contact information or you require any other assistance setting up your email signature, please contact Jane Doe for support: Jane.Doe@abc.com
Please do not add quotations, tag lines, memes, videos, alternative legal disclaimers, font changes, color changes, logo’s, etc. If you believe that you have a legitimate case for adding or changing something on your signature block please reach out to Jane Doe: Jane.Doe@ABC.com and your request will be reviewed and considered by Marketing.
We greatly appreciate your help in setting up your signatures.
We have activated your new signatures in partnership with Opensense who is helping us present a more unified brand. There are only a few simple steps that should take less than 5 minutes to get this set up on all your emails going forward.
Gmail on Web Browser
- Go to Settings -> General -> Scroll Down to Signature Settings
- Ensure the “My Signature” is selected as default “for new emails use” and “on reply/forward use”.
- Directly below activate the checkbox that says “insert signature before quoted text”
Mobile Devices (phones, tablets, etc.)
- On Monday afternoon, you will receive an email from Opensense (email@example.com) directing you to copy your new signature.
- You will need to copy this signature “block” one time into each mobile device that you send emails from.
- Different devices have different settings - If you need guidance on how to set this up feel free to reference the attached document with step by step instructions.
You can send yourself a test email to your personal email or a colleague to check it out before sending an external email (as it will not show up formatted when composing an email or in your sent emails).
Feel free to skim the instructions document that has additional info and if you have any further questions you can reach out to Jane Doe (firstname.lastname@example.org).
*Please note: The signature will appear as plain text when sending an email, and the recipient will always receive the branded email signature design that is centrally managed by Marketing.