Stamping Launch Guide - Everything You Need to Know
Here's everything you need to know about launching with the deployment method known as stamping, which activates signatures for all email clients and devices with minimal effort for the user and for the admin.
Appends a signature to all emails from any device, after the email is sent. Note: will only add a signature when plain text signature block is not already present in the body of the email
Deployment Tips and Best Practices:
- Your System Admin adds users to an Azure AD group (commonly named "Opensense Stamping")
- Best day to deploy: any day, off-peak email hours.
- Updating the stamping rule in the Microsoft Exchange Admin Center can take up to 48 hours to fully adjust, though it typically happens much quicker. This is on the Microsoft side, unrelated to Opensense.
End User Experience:
- Employees will need to remove their old signature from their devices if they had one
- Upon deployment, emails sent from their corporate email address(es) will have the Opensense signature "stamped" onto the email after the email is sent.
- No signature will be visible in the body of sent emails
Internal Launch Communications
Communicating the Opensense launch before it happens can make the difference between receiving a few support emails and way too many if it's done poorly or not at all. To make it as easy as possible for you to take flight, here's an email example to get you started with your launch communications!
This email template was submitted with love by one of our customers who have successfully launched their email signatures! It's a great place to start, but remember that your email communication should be customized to your unique use case before sending out. This is the best time to prevent confusion for the end user. Additionally, we have highlighted any items that need to be personalized before sending out.
All Company Employees
In an effort to present a stronger unified brand to our customers, we will be implementing a standardized email signature for all employees. Using a service called Opensense, the marketing team will now centrally manage the style and format of email signatures while employee contact information will be synced from our company directory. This means your email signature on all emails from any device will be beautiful and up to date with all of the latest messaging, and best of all there is very little required on your end!
Highlights of the new email signature block are:
We ask that you help us in this facet of our launch by taking the following steps
- Turn off your email signature in Outlook. Do this by clicking on Signature on the tool bar of an individual email, select Edit Signatures, and select NONE for both New Messages and Replies/forward on the bottom two selection bars.
- Turn off your email signature on your cell phone.
Once Opensense is activated, you will not see your email signature when you hit Send, but it will be added automatically along with any current featured banner ad. Once we have launched, you can send yourself a test email to your personal email or a colleague to check it out, as it will not show up formatted when composing an email or in your sent emails.
If you have any questions with these steps, please give me a call at 123-456-6789 or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rarely, customers will encounter placement issues, where the stamped signature may be applied at the footer of the email thread instead of in the last message sent. If you encounter this or notice the signature is being stamped on somewhere it shouldn't be, please follow this guide for placement issues.
Do you have users who need to modify their email signature on compose? You can use MySig! Please contact your Opensense rep with any questions